Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Part Deaux

Tuesday, it was like Christmas!! Packages from Amazon, Math U See, and another book company finally arrived, all at the same time. Large's response to my excited squeals was that this was the stuff of Christmas nightmares, and that the only thing that could make it worse was if the boxes were filled with underwear too.

Well, fine then.

I'm a true blue book lover. For years I dreamed of owning a bookshop/ coffee house, but the closest I came was reading books about opening a bookshop (ah the irony), and writing a business plan. About that time, the economy headed south. God knew that wasn't the path that would be best for my family, and now I get to spend legitimate time researching books online, browsing Booksamillion and Barnes & Noble coffee scented aisles, and rekindling my love of libraries. Rather than asking myself, "What have I gotten myself into?", I keep thinking, " What took me so long to start homeschooling?"

Seriously.

Despite their difficulties focusing on the subjects at hand, we're all four really loving our little school. Prayers by the fire started our third day, with me, the very non-emotional chick, getting teary listening to their hearts being poured out with requests for people they knew with sicknesses, and thanks for me homeschooling. "Please help *** in surgery today." "Thank you for making *Bible class teacher*'s shoulder feel better.

Wipe eyes. Snort. Yep, got me right there.

I'm sure there will be days when I will want to lock the door behind them when they go outside so I can stress-eat a tub of cookie dough in peace. Until then, the Pillsbury Dough boy and his delicious bounty are safe.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, kindred spirit, I get really excited about new books for school too. And conferences, which is what I've been preparing for this week! I am thinking of you and praying for you. Love, Love, LOVE hearing all about your new adventure. Can't wait to hear more, hopefully in person, sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh! Conference sounds fun and educational! In person catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete